[Slackbuilds-users] Pulseaudio

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 11 11:38:14 UTC 2015

On 11/10/15 20:58, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 11/10/15 17:47, B Watson wrote:
>> On 10/11/15, Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>
>>> My guess is that your build environment is incomplete i.e. not a full
>>> Slackware installation. In particular, ensure that the bash-completion
>>> package is installed; its absence produces exactly the symptom you've
>>> described.
>>
>> bash-completion is in /extra, not Slackware proper, it's not installed
>> when you pick "full install". If pulseaudio actually depends on it,
>> that fact should be mentioned in the README... but, it doesn't seem to.
>
> Thanks, I missed that the bash-completion package is from extra - I'll
> update the README

Even better - there is a --with-bash-completion-dir=DIR option to the
configure script so the bash-completion package itself isn't compulsory.

To the OP, either install the bash-completion package from extra, or add
the line:
     --with-bash-completion-dir=/usr/share/bash-completion/completions \
to the configure options in pulseaudio.SlackBuild. That's what will go
into the amended SlackBuild for the next round of updates (barring any
new contrary information about the problem).

chris