[Slackbuilds-users] suggestion for READMEs

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 22 14:06:43 UTC 2015

On 22/10/15 08:12, B Watson wrote:
> graphics/paraview and academic/Xyce both have fancy "web 2.0" download
> pages, I don't seem to be able to download the sources with either wget
> or curl.

Using the "real" paraview source code (_not_ the personal copy
referenced in the SlackBuild) is interesting. Retrieving the source code
from the paraview download site with wget requires the url to be quoted i.e.
     wget --content-disposition
"http://www.paraview.org/paraview-downloads/download.php?submit=Download&version=v4.0&type=source&os=all&downloadFile=ParaView-v4.0.1-source.tgz"

Without the --content-disposition option, the download file is named
"download.php?submit=Download ...."

BTW v4.4.0 is available there now.

chris