[Slackbuilds-users] Specifying JDK version for application

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 31 16:08:16 UTC 2015

   I run jgnash for my personal bank accounts. A few versions back it swiched
from Java-7 to Java-8 so I installed jdk-8u60-i586-1_SBo in addition to the
(current) openjdk-7u91_b01-i486-1alien because other Java applications want
version 7. This worked just fine with all installed applications until I
tried yesterday to invoke jgnash-2.19.0. For some reason it no longer saw
the Java-8 version and would not load.

   The jdk-8u60-i586-1_SBo package was upgraded this past August 4th and
openjdk-7u91_b01-i486-1alien was upgraded October 20th. Yet, I used jgnash
between the 20th and 30th of this month.

   Is there a way to tell jgnash (loaded from a shell script) to use the
Java-8 version since it's now apparently seening only version 7?

Rich