[Slackbuilds-users] Keywords in info file

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Mon Sep 7 12:54:52 UTC 2015

> Would it be possible to include the keywords in the .info file?
>
> The point is that, at the moment I have to note down the keywords
> somewhere and it becomes sometimes messy, when e.g. I write 2 or 3
> SlackBuilds at the same time (my notes keeper gets messy;)).
>
> The bigger point is that, it will generally take me 1 or 2 days to
> submit the SlackBuild after it has been written and during these few
> days I come with new keywords that I have to note somewhere, and this
> somewhere does not help with the workflow. Having the keywords in the
> SlackBuild directory itself would improve the situation.
>
> Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but in general I'll try to add as many
> relevant keywords as possible, so that others that are thinking
> differently, have better chances of finding the SlackBuild.

Any real benefit of adding this keyword in the info file?

Currently, we store the keywords in the database so that it could be
used for searching purpose and easily modified without having to submit
a new package just to change the keywords.

Also, i personally disagree to use info file to store all the keywords,
since it would mean more checking during approval since a single mistake
in the .info files could cause some problem during public update.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo