[Slackbuilds-users] Prosody vs. SSL/TLS

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sat Sep 19 18:08:35 UTC 2015

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> This being said, I think it's safe to add luasec to Prosody's
> dependencies, since it's needed for encryption.

Technically the *.info is correct as luasec is an optional depedency and
Prosody will happily build and run without it.

However, unless you're running an isolated server Prosody is pretty much
useless without encryption as TLS has become mandatory for S2S connections
more than a year ago.

Unfortunately the SlackBuild hasn't been maintained for longer than that
and I wouldn't recommend to use it as it is. Prosody versions after 0.9.4
have improved encryption and fix several bugs, one interoperability issue
and one CVE.