[Slackbuilds-users] Build Errors: qgis-2.10.1

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 26 08:44:02 UTC 2015

On 26/09/15 09:17, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> Within the last month, I built QGIS on a fresh Slackware 64 system and none of
>> the proposed changes were required for it to run. Can anyone else confirm that
>> the QGIS SlackBuild as it stands needs any changes?
>
> Finished building qgis from scratch and i can confirm that it works as
> normal

Since the download link to the _old_ libspacialite version has been
fixed, I can also build the existing qgis from scratch too. Therefore,
as things stand, I agree that no changes are needed to the SlackBuild
for qgis.

However, as I mentioned in my first foray into this thread, I use qwt
for another project and the existing version at SBo is an old version
which does not meet my needs, whereas the latest available version does,
one important difference between the two versions being qt4/qt5
compatibility. When I looked into what impact an update to qwt might
have on other SlackBuilds I found a bunch of relevant others that also
need updating.

I'm just looking for a path to being able to use the latest version of
qwt. In order to do that, I have found, tested and described the updates
to various qgis build dependencies, as well as the two line addition to
qgis.SlackBuild itself that would be required. Having done that, I am
somewhat perplexed at the opposition to any change at all.

Apart from the satisfaction of being able to build qgis as it is with
these heirloom versioned dependencies, can anyone suggest a reason not
to update them? If there are no other reasons, can we update them?

chris