[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackbulds-users] qemu-2.6.0 issue with Windows guests.

Gerardo Zamudio gerardo.zamudio at linux.com
Tue Aug 2 19:24:25 UTC 2016

On 07/31/2016 09:10 PM, King Beowulf wrote:
> Hello
>
> I decided to test qemu with Windows 10 (upgrade from a Windows 7 VM).
> Windows XP and 7 so far under various qemu version have been fine.  My
> host is Slackware64-14.2 multilib.
>
> I get this error, and the qemu window freezes:
>
> main-loop: WARNING: I/O thread spun for 1000 iterations
>
> similar to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1481272
>
> If anyone has any ideas, shoot me an email.  Thanks
>
> -Ed

Hey Ed

I have an issue with qemu-2.6 and Windows guests (2003, XP, 7, 2012) on
physical Slackware64 14.2 and Slackware 14.2 servers. My problem is disk
writes are *extremely slow*, to the point that I can't even start the
installer because the "Starting Windows..." screen never goes away. I've
tried it on different pieces of hardware but have not had any luck yet.
In my case, qemu-2.4 works just fine on 14.1 and 14.2, so I've reverted
to that. I'll do some testing over the weekend and see if I can track
down what's causing this.

--
Gerardo Zamudio