[Slackbuilds-users] icecat 38.8.0 crashes

bch at shroggslodge.freeserve.co.uk bch at shroggslodge.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 23:37:06 UTC 2016

Hello slackbuilds-users

re: icecat 38.8.0  on Slackware 14.2 64bit

I am unable to add anything extra to 'help' with this, other than to say
that rather oddly, icecat keeps crashing when leaving the twitter website (
twitter.com).   Firefox seems ok with it.  Icecat not.   Why just twitter!
(there may be other sites I suppose).

I have no idea, but thought it worth putting it out there to see if anyone
has the same issue and before raising it with bugzilla or whatever :-)

All I did was go to twitter and log in, then press the 'home' key. It
dumped out (no message in xterm when I started it from that).  I restarted
icecat, went to twitter again and the entered a different website url
(rather than pressing 'home') and same thing.

Other sites (I use) via icecat are ok so far.  Just twitter. That's all I
know I'm afraid.

Thank you for your time.
Habs
UK