[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: monit change request

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Tue Aug 9 23:29:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Bryan Harris wrote:

> Interesting re: the restart command.  I think it's fixed by using
> "monit quit" for the implementation of /etc/rc.d/rc.monit stop

It can't be, because "monit quit" just sends a SIGTERM to the monit daemon
and thus is functionally the same as a "kill $(cat monit.pid)" or similar.
Your approach is still better, though. The previous rc-script would kill
any monit, including user instances.

Then again... "reload" works just fine and a "restart" is practically
never needed, so I'd consider a few seconds of sleep between stop and
start as "good enough".