[Slackbuilds-users] Comments required for iperf3 submission

Thomas Szteliga ts at websafe.pl
Thu Aug 11 15:04:00 UTC 2016

On 11.08.2016 16:42, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> I use iperf3 from time to time and find it very useful. I noticed that
>> SBo only has iperf2 - and would like to submit scripts for iperf3. Is
>> there much interest in this, and also, is there any reason why SBo
>> shouldn't have iperf3?
> the maintainer is no longer active i guess
> his last update was 6 years ago
> i think you can take over this package and update it to iperf3

I would not update it to iperf3 but create a separate
iperf3 SlackBuild, because there are iperf2 and iperf3
clients out there, and v2 is not compatible with v3.

https://iperf.fr/iperf-download.php

Not every platform has iperf3 available and both
v2 and v3 are AFAIK still under development,
so I think it would be good to have both
available. Just a thought.

--
Thomas Szteliga