[Slackbuilds-users] xmkmf on upgraded systems

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:55:24 UTC 2016

Found this a while back, forgot to send it to the list...

On systems that were upgraded to 14.2 (rather than a new install),
xmkmf will fail with:

/usr/lib64/X11/config/site.def:44:0: fatal error: host.def: No such
file or directory

This is due to a bad interaction between 14.1's lesstif package and 14.2's
xorg-cf-files. Pat knows about this, but hasn't had time to do anything
about it yet (if he's going to for 14.2). Reinstalling xorg-cf-files
will fix it, but we can also work around it in our SlackBuilds...

host.def is an empty file in 14.2, so all that's needed is to "touch
host.def" in the source directory, and any subdirectories containing an
Imakefile. For koules, it looks like:

touch host.def xlib/host.def util/host.def

For most builds it's simply "touch host.def" just before running xmkmf.

To test this, rm /usr/lib64/X11/config/host.def and run your build. You
can put it back with touch, afterwards.

Affected builds:

audio/nas
audio/xforge