[Slackbuilds-users] Submission of SlackBuild for Qwt 5

Fellype do Nascimento fellype at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:03:55 UTC 2016

On 12/13/2016 02:54 PM, Petar Petrov wrote:
> why don't you name it something like Qwt5 or Qwt-legacy and explain in
> the readme why it is different from Qwt 6? Or can't you build it
> directly in the SciDAVis package? I maintain QtiPlot, and it is
> possible to build in alglib for example.
Yes, it will be named as qwt5. And yes, it is possible to build it
directly in the SciDAVis package, but I prefer to maintain both
separated in order to make clear what are the dependencies of the package.
> btw, congratulations on the SlackBuild for scidavis, it will good to
> have this on SBo. Seems that GPL QtiPlot will not be updated anymore
> (newest version has another license, and source code is not freely
> available) so at some point it may become impossible to build.
>
> -petar

New QtiPlot versions not freely available is bad news... QtiPlot helped
me a lot before SciDAVis.
Both projects were very promising as alternatives for Microcal Origin,
but both are failing in this mission due to their slow development...

Fellype