[Slackbuilds-users] perl-glib source URL

Chris Novakovic chris at chrisn.me.uk
Wed Feb 24 22:05:11 UTC 2016

On 22/02/2016 15:11, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> source URL in perl-glib.info should be
>>
>> https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/X/XA/XAOC/Glib-1.307.tar.gz
>
> done

In general, I'd recommend using BackPAN for links to Perl module
distribution tarballs on SBo. Module authors are able (in fact, are
encouraged) to delete old versions of their module distributions from
PAUSE, and we're typically still referring to those files long after
they've been deleted from the CPAN mirrors. BackPAN maintains a
permanent archive of everything that has been uploaded to PAUSE.

The BackPAN link for Glib-1.307 is

http://backpan.perl.org/authors/id/X/XA/XAOC/Glib-1.307.tar.gz

and will work indefinitely. (cpan.metacpan.org also seems to be storing
some rather old files, but I can't find a guarantee that they won't be
deleted at some point.)

Cheers,
Chris