[Slackbuilds-users] OSSv4 patch for Slackware 14.2

y mail_me at riseup.net
Sun Feb 28 18:38:05 UTC 2016

Hi folks

I've noticed that the OSSv4 build 2011 package for Slackware 14.2 was
not working correctly, so after some tweaking and researching I
finally got it working.

I've merged all previous patches into one patch. It includes
1. gcc-5.patch
2. remove-hal.patch
3. rm-init-scripts.patch
4. kmod-link.patch
5. ossvermagic.patch
6. linux-4.0.patch
7. added return 1; for USB output
8. changed grc_max and CONFIG_OSS_GRC_MAX_QUALITY to 6 in order to make
use of the "src_quality=6" setting in osscore.conf

./configure --enable-libsalsa=NO --regparm

Note that the patch now uses /usr/lib64 by default. If you're using a
32 bit system you have to revert the change in the OSSv4 configure
file before compiling.

Here's the raw patch:
https://paste.clickbait.eu/view/raw/2b041525

To get rid of the annoying stuttering I've changed a few settings in
/usr/lib64/oss/conf/osscore.conf
max_intrate=1000
src_quality=6
cooked_enable=0

Cooked mode seems to be the main cause of stuttering.

And with pulseaudio enabled it works fine with all browsers and other
applications that do not support OSSv4 natively.

Happy testing.