[Slackbuilds-users] The Golden Road (to 14.2)

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jan 2 09:10:26 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

As those of you following the -current ChangeLog can see, we've got a
LOT of work to do in order to get the SBo repo ready for the next
Slackware release.

This should not be read as an indicator that release is coming Real
Soon Now, but I remember from the last cycle that we really weren't
ready here at SBo yet, and I'd rather not have that happen again.

Therefore, I'm going to cordially *ask* that the tide of submissions
be stemmed a bit from here on out. If there's something critical,
then don't hesitate to submit that, but if you're looking at a
normal version bump that doesn't bring any important bugfixes or
killer features to the table, maybe consider holding off on it.

Once a beta (or even alpha) 14.2 is announced, we'll almost surely
disable the submission form, but for now, we'll leave it open with
the understanding that everyone will use good judgment in deciding
whether something *needs* to be updated :-)

I've begun some preliminary work in "current-wip" branch so you're
welcome to follow it if you'd like, and once it's a bit cleaner
from the other admins' work there too, perhaps we'll consider taking
merge requests to that as well. For now though, business (mostly)
as usual...

Thanks and happy Slacking!

-RW