[Slackbuilds-users] Blender

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 8 11:26:43 UTC 2016

On 04/01/16 02:21, Audrius Kažukauskas wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-01-02 at 12:57:53 +0200, Panagiotis Nikolaou wrote:
>> Hi to all and happy new year!
>> I have notice Blender needing "libpython3.4m.so.1.0", while python3
>> (3.5.1) provides "libpython3.5m.so.1.0".
>> This makes Blender impossible to run without downgrading to an older
>> python3 version or make a symlink
>> from "libpython3.5m.so.1.0" to "libpython3.4m.so.1.0".
>
> You have Blender linked against Python 3.4, now you need to rebuild it
> to link against Python 3.5.  This is nothing Blender specific, you need
> to do that for every package that links against Python 3.4.

Yes that is correct. However, as Willy pointed out in separate email,
there are errors building Blender with the Python 3.5 series.

I have just uploaded a new SlackBuild for Blender which includes a patch
to enable clean building of Blender with Python 3.5*. Hopefully it will
appear in the next round of official updates.

Also, a reminder that due to the versions of openexr and ilmbase
packages included in 14.1, Blender 2.74 is the most recent Blender
version which can be built with this script. However the most recent
Blender (version 2.76b) can be built on -current with this SlackBuild
just by substituting the version string values; also substituting
"openjpeg" with "openjpeg1" in the REQUIRES field of the .info file.

chris