[Slackbuilds-users] development/pylint: missing dependency

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jan 10 14:19:26 UTC 2016

On 01/10/2016 11:18 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> After installing development/pylint and all its recursive
>> dependencies, that is astroid, six, python-lazy-object-proxy,
>> pysetuptools and python-wrapt the following error is shown:
>> Installing libraries/logilab-common solves the issue.
>
> Confirmed
> fixed on my branch

Hi,

Towards the end of last year, the maintainer of astroid contacted me because the
dependencies of astroid changed and logilab-common is no longer needed. This
should be also the case with newer versions of pylint. I prepared a SlackBuild for
the newest version but because of holidays I didn't manage to test it. I'll do it
ASAP. It is highly probable that there are no other packages depending on
logilab-common and the predecesor of astroid, i.e. logilab-astng. If this is
indeed the case, we may remove these two SlackBuilds.

Best regards,

Serban Udrea