[Slackbuilds-users] compiz-plugins-extra update for 14.2

Matt Dinslage daedra1980 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:40:11 UTC 2016

Yesterday I submitted a updated build for compiz-plugins-main that fixes
crashing if using the animations plugin.  It has now been added to the
Willysr's 14.2 branch.  I realized that I hadn't enabled the animations
add-ons which comes with the compiz-plugins-extra package.  I found that
if you use animations that are specific to compiz-plugins-extra they
will also crash compiz, unless you have built it against the patched
version of compiz-plugins-main.  I did a little more testing and
realized that the add-on animations, even when built against the patched
compiz-plugins-main, did cause instability and crashed the compiz config
settings manager.  I did some digging around and found a fix so I am
going to submit a new build to address these problems.  This should
hopefully fix all problems with compiz animations in 14.2.