[Slackbuilds-users] Apcupsd patches - are they necessary?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 14:00:20 UTC 2016

As the spirit of SBo appears to be having as few patches as possible, I
was wondering if the two patches included with apcupsd are really
necessary. As the comments in the patches themselves show, they are
really nitpicky changes to the upstream startup scripts - so doing away
with them wouldn't alter the functionality of the software, as far as I
can tell.

Also, I'm not too sure about the "create_lock_dir_in_init_script.diff"
patch. Like other dirs used by the software, such as those under
/var/run, /var/lock, /var/log, other SBo packages seem to created them
during the installation (probably in doinst.sh) - not every time the
software is started, in the init script. But then again, maybe I am
being nitpicky myself :-)