[Slackbuilds-users] Community Challenge! Help fix the last few SlackBuilds for 14.2

Serban Udrea serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Jun 4 10:15:24 UTC 2016

On 06/01/2016 03:29 AM, Thomas Morper wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2016, David Spencer wrote:
>
>> 1. academic/Xyce
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/nsMwxhgR
>>
>> It looks like an underlinking error, but I can't see anything wrong
>> with the link. There is a new version 6.4 upstream, I have tried it,
>> but the same linking problem happens.  Maybe its dep
>> libraries/trilinos is involved
>
> This one is a bit tricky... the problem indeed is trilinos which can't be
> built with neither "atlas" (as stated in the info file) nor "blas" and
> "lapack" as currently present on SBo.

>   3) Bring atlas up to date and merge it with lapack for a fully functional
>      high-performance library. Ideally done by a maintainer who understands
>      how atlas works, aka "not me".
>
> Any other options?

Hello!

Last time I tried to upgrade ATLAS I failed. I'll try again, since I do have some
more spare time next week. Nevertheless, ATLAS does not provide much more than a
BLAS implementation. Thus, if trillions has problems with the newest LAPACK
version, the LAPACK+ATLAS combination should stick to version 3.5.0 of LAPACK.

There is also OpenBLAS on Slackbuilds. To my knowledge, in spite of its name, it
can provide also LAPACK functionality. But the maintainer of OpenBLAS may need to
give more details on this.

Best regards,

Serban Udrea