[Slackbuilds-users] Building libvirt

Bryan Harris bryanlharris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:02:44 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I tried building libvirt on Slackware 14.1.  The following optional
dependencies went fine:

- avahi
- libcap-ng
- libdaemon
- libssh2

I decided to skip the xen optional dependency since I didn't understand
what it provides, plus it looks more complicated to install.

When I went to run the SBo script for libvirt, I got the following message.

configure: error: You must install the libyajl library & headers to compile
libvirt

After installing the yajl package libvirt builds fine.  Should the yajl
package have a mention within the README file in the dependencies list?

V/r,
Bryan