[Slackbuilds-users] Which "go" to use?

Vincent Batts vbatts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:13:33 UTC 2016

the gcc-go implementation, while largely OK, is known to have more
edge-cases that are not supported. The nice thing is that the gcc-go
that is provided by gcc v5+ is useful for _compiling_ the golang.org
compiler (as the compiler itself is now written in golang).
If you're running -current (soon to be 14.2), then check out
https://github.com/willysr/slackbuilds/tree/master/development/google-go-lang
which is updated for latest upstream stable.