[Slackbuilds-users] New submission - Navit version R6771

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 12:31:21 UTC 2016

On 21/06/16 21:17, David Spencer wrote:
> Hi, me again, sorry,
>
> (1) Adding -fpermissive to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS flags fixes the build
> failure :) Note that despite the warnings we apparently also need to
> set it on CMAKE_C_FLAGS otherwise the build still fails (I wonder if
> this is an upstream error that they're using the C flags when they're
> compiling C++).
>
> (2) Don't use /usr/share/man. The Slackware location is /usr/man. If a
> cmake project ignores MAN_INSTALL_DIR (sadly most of them do, and
> sadly this is yet another one) then we have to move the manpages to
> the right place in the SlackBuild. makepkg tried to warn you they were
> in the wrong place ;)
>
> (3) The package is shipping these files:
>
> usr/share/icons/
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/navit.png
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/
> usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/navit.png
> usr/share/applications/
> usr/share/applications/navit.desktop
>
> ... so doinst.sh needs the bit that runs update-desktop-database and
> the bit that runs gtk-update-icon-cache.
>
> There's nothing in /etc so you don't need the config stuff, there's
> nothing in usr/share/mime, the other really unusual stuff doesn't
> apply, so you just need those two bits.

Thank you for all the pointers in this email and the email before - and
for kindly doing the amendments for me! I did notice the comment about
the location of man pages, but couldn't figure out at which point in the
process and in which script I was supposed to move them. I can see what
is supposed to happen now and where, based on your changes.

> I think we're done now.  Please make sure you submit it to the gis/
> category when submissions reopen.

I haven't been following closely enough the SBo mailing list I'm afraid.
Are we in some sort of freeze at the moment until 14.2 is released -
even when it comes to submitting new packages to the git repository?