[Slackbuilds-users] run libtool in doinst.sh?

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:12:38 UTC 2016

> libtool: warning: remember to run 'libtool --finish /usr/lib64'
>
> Is it safe to assume I should be making this call to libtool in my
> package's doinst.sh?

No. It's not necessary. 'libtool --finish' is basically just ldconfig,
and installpkg itself does that for you.

If in doubt, check the template and grep around in the SlackBuilds
repository. If something isn't in the template and isn't in any other
SlackBuild, it's definitely worth asking about it here before you
write the code. So, you did the right thing to ask the question Arthur
:-)

-D.