[Slackbuilds-users] Call for Bug Fixes, Patches, etc

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Mon Mar 14 16:50:39 UTC 2016

On 14/03/2016 13:39, Bryan Harris wrote:
> Why worry so much over something so insignificant? Just do whatever
> Volkerding does.

+1.

Let me add: only make a change if there is a proven advantage, like
_ old way failing (provide example), where the new one does not
_ new way *significantly* faster (a few less seconds when the end user
  builds the package is not significant as I see it)
_ guarantee that the new formula neither fails nor introduce unexpected
  side

Shorter is *not* an advantage, more readable... well, it's readable
enough as it is IMO.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to write
  -execdir 755
instead of
 -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755
as suggested by Luís Fernando Carvalho Cavalheiro, as if I understand
well it dosn't change the logic at all, but I wouldn't go further than
that in a template (and I do not request it).

Didier