[Slackbuilds-users] llfuse and attic

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Mon Mar 21 08:59:02 UTC 2016

> It might be a sensible candidate to replace attic.

That's not me to decide because i don't use it
it's the maintainer's job to decide about it

> Spice is considered optional for QEMU, but trust me, I prefer QEMU with
> spice.

Again, it's not our job (as admin) to decide.
it's user's job to decide which one they need
Have a look on ffmpeg SlackBuild script :)

> I've been using Attic for quite some time and I haven't noticed any
> problems. llfuse was originally submitted to support Attic.
>
> It's true that Attic development is stalled. For that reason it's good
> idea to consider borg.

same as first comment ^^

> Easy or not, as you can see from the snippet I sent you, 0.40 is the
> best version to use. Keep in mind that it is a backup software.

here's what written in llfuse
The Python-LLFUSE API is not yet stable and may change from one release
to the other. Starting with version 0.42, Python-LLFUSE uses semantic
versioning. This means changes in the API will be reflected in an
increase of the major version number, i.e. the next
backwards-incompatible version will be 1.0. Projects designed for e.g.
version 0.42.1 of Python-LLFUSE are thus recommended to declare a
dependency on llfuse >= 0.42.1, < 1.0.

here's what in borg's source code
llfuse<2.0

anyway, llfuse has released 1.0 but this version does introduce
incompatible changes

Release 1.0 (2016-03-08)

Note: The 1.0 version number does not imply any special stability or an
API freeze. It's a consequence of switching to semantic versioning,
where backwards incompatible changes will always result in increased
major version.

* Fixed an overflow when accessing the *st_xtime_ns attributes of the
~llfuse.EntryAttributes class from Python on 32-bit systems.
* POTENTIAL COMPATIBILITY BREAK: The ~Operations.destroy handler is now
called with the global lock acquired.

i will leave that to the maintainer to decide

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo