[Slackbuilds-users] Navit GPS

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue May 31 23:19:27 UTC 2016

I note that SBo doesn't have Navit in the repositories
(www.navit-project.org). I've been using it for years, mainly as it
appears to be the only gps navigation software capable of downloading
and using offline the map of an entire country from OpenStreetMap in
vector format (thus available at all zoom levels).

Do I remember correctly that Navit used to be available on SBo, and then
got removed as it needed some dependencies which couldn't be satisfied
at the time? I have just compiled and installed it on a Slack64 -current
box, and it seems to have worked out just fine with no extra
dependencies needed - using cmake.