[Slackbuilds-users] fakeroot, po4a

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Nov 3 16:57:45 UTC 2016

Le 02/11/2016 à 16:23, Andrzej Telszewski a écrit :
> On 02/11/16 16:43, Didier Spaier wrote:
>> Not an answer, but though I be a happy user of fakeroot I must remind
>> that in some cases it's unusable, see e.g. the other thread about po4a
>> that I maintain. Another example that comes to mind is blackbox:
>> The SlackBuild installs stuff directly in the host system to allow
>> building bbkeys just after blackbox. Better chroot to a build system or
>> do that in a VM ;)
>
> Continuing being OOT, I had a play with fakeroot, but in the end decided not to use it for building packages.
>
> slackrepo (it is yours, isn't it?) in VM is my way to go.

"Il faut rendre à César ce qui est à César", the author of slackrepo is David Spencer.

Of course David did a good job, thanks to him.

Even more OOT: upcoming Slint-14.2 will include some packages from Salix' extra-14.2 repos, also built with scripts from SBo, see this blog post from George Vlahavas aka gapan:
http://salixos.blogspot.fr/2016/08/our-new-extra-repository.html

All that being said, fakeroot saves me a lot of time.

Didier