[Slackbuilds-users] ffmpeg and tetex

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Sat Nov 5 02:34:32 UTC 2016

(This is a copy of the message I accidentally sent as a reply to a
different thread. Please respond to this one.)

Hi,

I am installing ffmpeg on a clean 14.2 system (well, actually I am
installing vlc in order to test something, and ffmpeg is a dependency,
but that's not important). I have tetex installed instead of texlive,
and I get the following error:

Could not find texi2html! Please make sure to have tetex or texlive
installed and that texi2html is in PATH.

The message is clear enough: the problem is that texi2html is not in
the
PATH. I checked the install log for tetex and found that it is in
/usr/share/texmf/bin, so I made a symlink for it in /usr/bin. Is this
situation expected? IMO it is not a great solution, because ideally
any
given package on SBo *should* build properly on a clean system
provided
all the dependencies are present, without having to manually create
symlinks or modify the PATH. Someone new to Linux and/or Slackware,
for
example, would probably be stuck. At the very least, the README for
ffmpeg should make it clear how to get around the problem.

Or am I missing something?

Dan