[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:34:44 UTC 2016

> I would love to see it.
> But... wasn't it you that objected when I proposed tags in README?

There's a world of difference between semantic machine-readable xml or
bbcode style tags, which personally I don't like, and a light form of
markdown for headers, which improves readability for humans whether or
not the page is rendered.

And also I was sort-of trolling :)  Actually I would *hate* full-on
kramdown in README files.  It looks krap when it's not rendered.

But maybe it would be good to always say "OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES" as a
header instead of "The following requirements can be enabled" or a
thousand variations.

Cheers
-D.