[Slackbuilds-users] webkitgtk vs. webkit2gtk

Andreas Guldstrand andreas.guldstrand at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:58:35 UTC 2016

As I understand it, webkitgtk underwent major internal changes between
versions 1 and 2, and because of that, any project you write for
version 1 will be incompatible with version 2 and vice versa. Since
SBo probably wants to be able to support software built against either
version, it makes sense that both of them are around. And no, it's not
useful to combine them as far as I'm aware.