[Slackbuilds-users] sboinstall - jdk download fails

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 17:26:56 UTC 2017

>  I found this by using HttpFox on Firefox to see what was happening when I
> clicked through the website and downloaded via a browser.  It's important to
> understand that you are still accepting the license agreement by using wget
> to download it.
>
> I suspect Slackbuilds is against this practice for a number of reasons,
> especially the possibly too magical discovery of URLs via text parsing of
> HTML.  But it's something to consider.  Another idea might be an optional
> WGET_OPTIONS="" field in the jdk.info file.  That would tell automated tools
> like sbopkg what extra command line options are needed to download from the
> URL given in jdk.info.

the main reason we are against it it's that Oracle request that people
actually accept the license when downloading the tarball explicitly
clicking on a radio button (the download page says "You must accept
the Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for Java SE to download this
software."): we cannot allow ourself to "cheat" (sorry for the term) a
silent approval, we have to follow what the vendor asks.

Matteo