[Slackbuilds-users] sboinstall - jdk download fails

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:18:01 UTC 2017

> But, if we can't automate this, then I have to admit I don't understand why
> the jdk slackbuild even exists on slackbuilds.org.  java.Slackbuild is
> provided in the distribution which will create a JDK or JRE package as
> desired.  And JDK always includes JRE anyway.  You still have to manually
> download the JDK regardless of which one you use.  So what is the benefit of
> this slackbuild even existing here?

when it has been discussed I seem to recall that the points were more
or less these:
- the java.SlackBuild is not there when you do a full install of
Slackware as it's provided in /extra;
- as you wrote it can be used to build either jdk or jre and we need
something unambiguos to use as a dependency;
- we have many things depending on jre/jdk and we needed a dependency
besides the full install.

Matteo