[Slackbuilds-users] sboinstall - jdk download fails

Gerardo Zamudio gerardo.zamudio at linux.com
Tue Apr 4 18:37:20 UTC 2017

On 04/04/2017 01:29 PM, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> Let's add this to the FAQ.
>
> mmm, isn't it already covered by FAQ #23 and at the beginning of the HOWTO?
>
> Matteo

I meant a general justification and answer for common JDK SlackBuild
related questions we've seen in this and other threads.

FAQ #23 and HOWTO only state you need a full Slackware installation and
custom builds are not supported. I was thinking more like :

#24 Why is there a jdk.SlackBuild?

Because the official Slackware SlackBuild is in /extra and not included
in a full install. Because we need it as a dependency for other builds.

#25 wget is not working!

Some packages require explicit acceptance of their license terms and you
need a browser to download them. See jdk