[Slackbuilds-users] poedit 2.0 in review

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Wed Apr 5 08:45:16 UTC 2017

> i've pushed 2 new -review branch. One for wxGTK3 and one for poedit.
> Both are required to test the new poedit 2.0 which doesn't work with
> wxGTK 3.0.2. I switched to the latest wxGTK3 3.0 branch which include a
> fix and upgrade poedit to 2.0 + 1 commit from upstream since 2.0.1
> hasn't been released yet.
>
> One concern about the new poedit is that it requires boost 1.60, which
> is only available on current. I tried to "hack" the configure to use
> 1.59 which is used in -stable release after looking at boost's changelog
> and there's nothing major, but i would love to see more user feedback
> about this.
>
> if anyone is using poedit extensively, please test the new build.
>
> here's the bug report if anyone is interested
> https://github.com/vslavik/poedit/issues/366

well, the developer said that boost 1.60 is required for executors to
work, so my "hack" is not recommended by upstream, so that means poedit
will have to stick to 1.8.x until next Slackware release.

here's the official answer by upstream:
https://github.com/vslavik/poedit/issues/375

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo