[Slackbuilds-users] LibreOffice requires

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 9 23:56:37 UTC 2017

On 10/04/17 09:04, Andreas Guldstrand wrote:
> On 10 April 2017 at 00:57, Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:

>> Thanks all, will fix in next update.
>>
>> chris
>
> Does LibreOffice then not support being built with jdk instead of
> openjdk? Since regular jdk doesn't depend on apache-ant, then
> apache-ant won't be pulled in if regular jdk is uses instead of
> openjdk ... but perhaps apache-ant is only needed when building with
> openjdk?
>
> Would like a bit of clarification on this if possible?

While openjdk is now the default Java when building LibreOffice, this
can be changed by setting the JAVA environment variable at build time e.g.
    JAVA=jdk sh LibreOffice.SlackBuild
(openjdk8 is another supported option)

In the case of building with JAVA=jdk, apache-ant is still required and
would now need to added manually. I'll add that to the README.

No such inconvenience with the binary repackaging libreoffice package
since there is no code compilation going on there.

chris