[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170408.1

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:09:28 UTC 2017

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 18:12:11 +0300
> Ekin Akoglu <ekinakoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Willy and all,
>>
>> Thanks for the updates. However, I have one issue to raise.
>>
>> The updates and fixes to the packages should go through the
>> maintainer. In other words, if there is a bug/issue reported for a
>> slackbuild which is not sent to this mailing list but is mentioned in
>> some other platforms (LQ in this case), I believe it should first be
>> brought to the attention of the maintainer so that she has the option
>> to fix it or, if someone else would fix it, at least she would be
>> informed about this. I think this is the proper way.
>
> This is already the policy for bug reports, version bump requests, etc.
> I think in the case of minor fixes, such as to tuxguitar, the fix can
> be pushed by an admin without waiting for a reply from the maintainer,
> but I agree, you should have been contacted directly. First by the
> person reporting the bug, or later by the admin after applying the fix
> in git. LQ is not a place where we take bug reports, since not everyone
> reads those forums (I don't read them myself), hopefully admins who
> do will be more diligent in contacting maintainers in the future.
>
> I have updated our bug reports page to clarify the process.

Hi Ekin and Erik,

TBH, I actually wrote on LQ to the guy noting that the script didn't
work on x86 to report the issue to the maintainer

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/tuxguitar-1-4-won%27t-start-4175603323/#post5693434

and I thought he had done it, my bad: next time I will ask for a
specific confirmation.

Matteo