[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170204.1

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat Feb 4 07:45:17 UTC 2017

> Kiki Novak has another suggestion to add for LibreOffice. In my
> experience, users of LibreOffice want a *stable* application, not the
> latest and greatest riddled with bugs.
>
> I'd do the opposite: provide 5.3.0 for the adventurous folks who compile
> it, and stick with the hassle-free repackaged 5.2.5 for mere users.

There's always pro and cons
i'm using LO 5.3.0 since Beta release and i didn't see any major problem
except for the missing icons on the new UI mode (which is disabled by
default).

On the other hand, some documents that wasn't properly opened in 5.2.x
gets better in 5.3, so in this area, new version brings improvements
needed by other people (mostly for those who are working in non-ODP
formats).

compiling LO takes time and sometimes can be very tricky, so most of the
time, it will be a little bit behind the binary repackaging.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo