[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170204.1

Ryan P.C. McQuen ryanpcmcquen at member.fsf.org
Sat Feb 4 19:00:05 UTC 2017

On Feb 4, 2017 10:56 AM, "Nicolas Kovacs" <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

Le 04/02/2017 à 17:01, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo a écrit :
> Upstream offer choices and it's up to downstream/users to pick
> following your suggestions means we need 6 new packages
> -libreoffice-still
> -libreoffice-still-langpack
> -libreoffice-still-helppack
> -libreoffice-fresh
> -libreoffice-fresh-langpack
> -libreoffice-fresh-helppack

These wouldn't exactly be new. More like almost identical copies.

Let's say we're at version 5.2.4 (like we were a week ago).

Now 5.2.5 comes out at the same time as 5.3.0. So all the package
maintainer has to do is to copy the existing 5.2.4 package into
5.2.5-stable. It's almost the same package, the only thing that changes
here is $PRGNAM, everything else stays the same.

In the past, I've been bitten by bugs in OO and LO .0 releases. In
production use, this means a client phoning you on a sunday morning and
asking why the hell a closing bracket in LibreOffice gets rejected to a
newline start, or similar quirks.

SBo is not for your 'clients'. If you want to profit off of this, roll up
your sleeves and make your own build.