[Slackbuilds-users] Need some gids and uids please

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Tue Feb 7 06:15:57 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 07:39:13AM +0700, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> > Having used it for years, I'm putting together a SlackBuild for qmail.
> >
> > Qmail needs 2 groups and 7 users: can you allocate them from the pool please?
> >
> > Groups are qmail & nofiles
> >
> > Users are alias & qmail{d,l,p,q,r,s} (i.e. qmailq, qmaill (ell) &c.)
> >
> > I have noted the recent correspondence regarding uids, gids & README; but I
> > was planning to have doinst.sh create them if they didn't exist.
>
> please review the last entry in the uid_gid.txt
>

> --
> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo

Thanks Willy.

All the users are either in group qmail or nofiles, so gids 339 - 345 are
unused. The list could look like:

User: alias       UID: 339       GID: 340
      qmaild      UID: 340       GID: 340
      qmaill      UID: 341       GID: 340
      qmailp      UID: 342       GID: 340
      qmailq      UID: 343       GID: 339
      qmailr      UID: 344       GID: 339
      qmails      UID: 345       GID: 339
Group:  qmail                    GID: 339
        nofiles                  GID: 340

Cheers ... Duncan.