[Slackbuilds-users] ncmpcpp requires mpd

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Thu Feb 9 01:23:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

ncmpcpp lists only libmpdclient as a requirement, but not mpd. However,
from what I can tell, mpd is required at runtime. If mpd is not running,
when I start ncmpcpp I get the following error:

ncmpcpp: Connection refused

I did a search in the SBo repository and I found that the following
MPD clients list libmpdclient as a requirement, but not mpd itself:

ario
mpc
ncmpc
ncmpcpp
vimpc

But there is one that lists both libmpdclient and mpd:

mpdscribble

Given that so many do not list mpd as a requirement, I'm inclined to
think I'm missing something, and mpd must not actually be required for
ncmpcpp. If so, I'd like to know what it is that I'm missing. If not,
then I think mpd should be added as a requirement for ncmpcpp, and
possibly the others listed above as well (though ncmpcpp is the only
one I've used, so I don't know for sure).

Dan