[Slackbuilds-users] acroread for 64-bit machines?

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:45:23 UTC 2017

As the maintainer of the adobe reader package, the answer to the question
of whether you need the 32bit compatibility libs to run adobe reader on
64bit slackware is yes, and I may add "unfortunately".

Now to the rest of the conversation, I always come back to adobe reader for
viewing documents but it is true that the linux version is now very old and
lacks the features its mac and windows version now have. Unfortunately, I
very much doubt we will ever see an updated version from Adobe (although
they have released a synchronised version of flash after saying they would
never do so there is still hope, albeit a very very small glimmer of it).

For presentations, I have started using pdfpc (also available on SBo, but
an old version. I have emailed the maintainer of the package a patch to a
newer one a while back and he assured me he would have a look... I probably
should probe again). pdfpc offers notes, presenter console, highlighter,
pointer....

Hope this helps

Cheers

Greg