[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170603.1

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 4 23:56:27 UTC 2017

> Maybe it would make sense to have the git hook to extract the version from
> *.info?
>
> Then the whole "Updated for version X.X.X." message could be determined and
> generated automatically?

my own review script already generates the message and author this
way. But it generates the same message for build bumps where the
version hasn't changed, and unfortunately I don't always remember to
amend the message. Willy has saved me from this error multiple times
:)

The git hook could check the version in the message, also it would be
nice to check the category and prgnam, and check that no files outside
that directory are in the commit. Does anybody want to look at doing
that? pleeeeeeeease :)

Thanks
-D.