[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170610.1

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jun 10 05:04:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:11:59 +0700
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> As the server maintenance is done, here comes the usual public update
> highlight at weekend.

This "routine" maintenance has been a bit more frequent than we'd
like lately, especially given that we just switched over to new
hardware, but it seems that no matter how much we planned for a
nice easy transition, we keep finding some little nits that need
to be addressed.

> This week we have libvirt changes that saves running VMs on shutdown
> and it will wait for 5 minutes before shutting down. You may need to
> adjust the values if your VMs is quite big.

This seems to work well, for what it's worth - it's now been tested
on our own infrastructure :-)

I just pushed another commit to libvirt in my git branch to fixup
the default polkit rules (it won't affect anyone by default, but
it *will* affect you if you enable polkit access_control in
libvirtd.conf) and installed the example polkit acl rules file to
the package documentation. Without going into great detail, I'll
just say that you should perform extensive testing of that before
you put it into production :-)

> network/firewalld: Added (dynamically managed firewall gui).

This was added by me, but I'd like to publicly state that I do not
and cannot ever imagine actually using it. It's something that I've
seen a few people here and there mention wanting, and I suppose it
could be useful in some situations, so I did a build for it. However,
if anyone wants to adopt it and maintain it down the road, consider
this an invitation.

-RW