[Slackbuilds-users] gpsbabel, long list of errors

Kyle Guinn elyk03 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 01:51:30 UTC 2017

On 6/15/17, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>>> Looks like it's trying to build against Qt5.  I've only tested against
>>> Qt4.
>>>
>>> Also there is a newer version, 1.5.4, but I've held back at 1.5.3
>>> since 1.5.4 requires Qt5.  Can you try a simple version bump and see
>>> if the errors go away with 1.5.4?
>
> It seems the transition to qt5 is inevitable. Simply holding back to
> 1.5.3 means it's one year behind and definitely inability to work
> properly with new devices and the lack of GeoJSON write support

Good point.  I'm putting together an update to 1.5.4, and I'll leave a
note in the README for those who would rather not build Qt5.

Related question:  If I want to move this to the gis category, can I
do it from git, or should I submit using the form on the website?  I'm
not sure if there's any magic you need to do on your side for a
category move.

-Kyle