[Slackbuilds-users] possible submission

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:56:13 UTC 2017

Would anyone object to my submitting an openjdk-bin build? Basically
just a prebuilt binary repack of the same version of openjdk that's
currently in the openjdk build.

I think this would be useful because come next Slackware release, gcc-java
will be gone (gcc upstream dropped it). Which means we're back to the
old "open source openjdk depends on Oracle proprietary jdk" issue that
we resolved a few months back. I (and probably others) would rather be
able to bootstrap openjdk without having to deal with Oracle.

Thoughts, opinions, better ideas?