[Slackbuilds-users] flash plugins

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 24 15:13:52 UTC 2017

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:

> pepperflash-plugin => PPAPI-based
> flashplayer-plugin => NPAPI-based

Willy,

   My very limited understanding is that each is an interface to displaying
flash videos in a browser, with NPAPI being the older one originally
designed for Netscape.

   I watch very few videos (usually instructional ones) and no movies or TV
shows so I'm not deeply invested in them.

> Adobe was about to kill Flash Player in the past, but now they decided to
> continue developing it so now we have 2 type of flash player based on
> their technology

   Does it matter which I have installed, or if both are installed?

Thanks,

Rich