[Slackbuilds-users] zim 0.65 to 0.66

Brenton Earl brent at exitstatusone.com
Tue May 2 20:20:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

Zim 0.66 has been released.  I ran into a problem building it and the
solution I found was enabling UTF-8 as the system locale.  As I am sure
you are all aware, Slackware 14.2 does not use UTF-8 in a stock
installation.  Is there some way to work around this issue?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Slackware-current has moved to
a UTF-8 system wide locale.

Should I leave zim as is until the next release of Slackware where UTF-8
is the default?

Or should I update zim and make a note in the README that UTF-8 is
required?

Thanks,
Brenton