[Slackbuilds-users] zim 0.65 to 0.66

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:44:52 UTC 2017

On 5/2/17, B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is a UTF-8 locale only required at build time, or is it also required
> to run the program after it's installed?

Replying to myself...

It's required at both build time and run time. It's a silly bug, and
seems easily fixed (even by a non-Python person like me). Diff is here:

http://urchlay.naptime.net/~urchlay/src/logger.fix.diff.gz

In the SlackBuild, apply it like so, just before the 'python setup.py' line:

zcat $CWD/logger.fix.diff.gz | patch -p1

I haven't thoroughly tested zim with the patch applied (since I don't
even know/care how to use it), but at least it builds a package, and
after installing, the application starts up even with LANG=en_US or
LANG=C in the environment. Hope it works OK in your testing.