[Slackbuilds-users] gcc-legacy

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Thu May 4 01:56:59 UTC 2017

On 04/05/17 11:31, Vasily Sora wrote:
> On Wed, 03 May 2017 22:38:54 +0000
> slackbuilds-users-request at slackbuilds.org wrote:
>
>> What are these people *thinking*?
>>
>> If the other admins think something based on
>> https://github.com/idlemoor/distcc-tools/tree/master/gcc-legacy
>> would be acceptable in the repo, I'll clean it up and submit it (but
>> it won't be until next week).
>>
>> -D.
>

> If that is acceptable to the others and you are willing to clean it up,
> it would certainly make things easier for the PaleMoon script. I would
> thank you if this can be done.

If that is included, could its use be made optional somehow please?

I've just build 27.3.0 on 14.2 from the SlackBuild, changing only the
version number. For my personal usage, I've seen no problems with the
result yet. I understand others may have different usage patterns or
frequent sites which trigger problems and therefore need something extra
like this. However it would be a shame to inflict it on all those who don't.

chris

PS. I've seen only vague descriptions of the problems people are having
when using the new PaleMoon not built with the earlier gcc version. It
would be good to see something more definite  about these problems so
others can test/verify them.